Monday, September 12, 2011

Chemo #6 begun

Today I had my first infusion of Doxil. This will be my 6th chemo drug that I've been on. It's given once every 28 days for a total of 6 treatments. I have to go to the Lawrenceville office because the Northside location is all out of the drug. I've been to the L'ville infusion suite before, back in 2007 when I was on Chemo #1. It's just one big room with chairs all facing each other in a circle and within arms' reach of each other. Cozy. They do have a TV now, so that's an improvement. But it's not the same as my VIP room at Northside, no privacy and no personal perks like a remote control! If Northside does get the drug in, I can start going back there. But I figure once every 28 days is doable. The nurses at L'ville are super nice and friendly and I'm able to see Dr. S while I'm there for my monthly appts. I shouldn't complain.

The Doxil went fine today. It's a bright orange liquid (looks like Kool-Aid) and it takes 2 hours to infuse. Plus the pre-meds, we were there a total of 4 hours. John stayed with me this first time, in case I had a reaction to it. But it all went fine.

I've just been super tired lately. Falling asleep while standing up practically. Yesterday was my mom's 70th birthday and we all went over for dinner. I fell asleep on her couch for about 2 hours! "Happy Birth . . . zzzzzz!"

I did get the biopsy results on my stomach taken during the endoscopy - everything was benign! So I don't have cancer in my stomach for certain!!! The results just show gastritis which is a common result of chemo. And heavens knows, I've had enough of the stuff to eat through my stomach, intestines, and all!!! Seriously, though, I have heard of this happening, eek! Let's hope this Doxil is the magic bullet that rids me of all cancer entirely! Bang!!!

A friend on Facebook sent me this song and I've made it my new theme song. I just love it! And I hope you do, too!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIEJ_PmqJ8

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Rest, rest, rest! We're so thankful that this firs round went well. You remain in our prayers!