Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Going for port placement tomorrow

I decided this time around with chemo, I'd better get a port put in. Finding veins for IV's has gotten to be torture. Even though it grosses me out to think of some little appliance remaining under my skin permanently (ewwwww!), I've heard it's alot easier. And since I'll be getting a treatment every week for 3 weeks in a row, I need easy!

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I still get really out of breath anytime I move around too much. I'm using Advair diskus and I think it might be helping. But I can just tell I am not my normal self, I can tell I've got cancer. Hopefully, this chemo will work and my breathing and energy will get back to normal. I'm doing everything I can to give it the best shot.

John has started back to work and Mom has been staying with me when he's not home. We've had some incredible meals brought to us and the mail continually delivers wonderful cards and gifts. Thank you to everyone who has helped us!!! We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melinda,

I had a port put in. Yes, it feels odd, but my veins were saved.

Also, wanted to share with you the latest research :
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100428204552.htm

Turmeric helps fight cancer and also reduces inflammation. I had pneumonia 3 months after Chemo. After struggling with it for 3 weeks I finally started taking turmeric and I started breathing easier in just 2-3 days after.

Take care and Good luck,
Anna

Haley D. said...

For what it's worth, my aunt was very thankful for her port. It kept her from feeling like a human pin cushion!