Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Scan results are . . . . . GOOD!!!

Just wanted to give a quick update. On the 15th, I had my 6-month scan done and I'm still clean and cancer-free. Hallelujah!!! I saw my dr and everything is fine. I go back in 3 months for another office visit and then more scans at the year mark. They're still bugging me about doing a scar revision. Apparently, my scar is pretty hideous. I think I'll consult with a plastic surgeon first, just to see what he could do. I'm thinking liposuction and a tummy tuck would be real nice!!!
Rachel Rose's birthday was on Monday and she turned 4 years old. My baby's not a baby anymore. Gosh, her babyhood went by so quickly it seems. Those poor second children just get swept up in the hustle and bustle, don't they! But I'll never forget that feeling I had when I first saw her . . . "She's here, she's here! She's finally here!" We had so many doubts that we would ever have a second baby. But we did, thanks to Jan! You all know how she was our surrogate for Rachel Rose. We put mine and John's embryo into her uterus since I no longer had one (I did still have ovaries, but now they're gone too!!). Thanks to God, it grew into our beautiful baby girl. Jan gave us the most amazing and selfless gift anyone could ever give. And now she's four years old. She kept asking us all day, "How many am I now?" And we'd tell her she's 4. Then the next morning on Tuesday she asked me if she was still 4 or had she gone back to being 3. I told her no, that she would never be 3 again. She grinned wide, "I'm growing up!" Yes, she is. She starts pre-K this year and then the big KINDERGARTEN next year. Where does the time go?!

1 comment:

Haley D. said...

Hallelujah for such wonderful reasons to post! I think discussing your scra revision w/a plastic surgeon is an excellent idea. (If I ever need some work in that area, boy are the drs going to WORK! LOL) Happy birthday too to your beautiful baby. I reassure mine that no matter how big she gets, she'll always be my baby. :) HUGS!