Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Scan results

I did get my PET/CT scan results back. It's taken me a while to decipher them, but I think I got it straight now. Overall, there is improvement. The previous areas are smaller or stable. But there are 3 new areas causing concern. Two are lymph nodes - one in my lower left lung and another near my liver. The third is in my pelvic bone on the left side. Dr. S wants me to go back to the radiation dr for possible treatment of the pelvic bone. And he wants me to go on Doxil, a new chemo, for the two new lymph nodes.
What's weird is this huge lump in my abdomen didn't show up at all! So apparently, it's not cancer. It still hurts like crazy, so I made an appointment with a gastroenterologist for Friday to get it figured out.
So, I feel like, it's not as bad as I was thinking. Nothing massive and overwhelming, just lingering and pesky!
Hopefully, the radiation and Doxil will knock it all out for good! I get the next few weeks off, then I go back on Sept. 14 to get started on the next regimen. Will post again when I know more!

No comments: