Wednesday, June 23, 2010

They're taking away my hormones!!!

I called my dr this morning with a concern about the hormone replacement I've been taking since my hysterectomy. I take biodentical natural estrogen and progesterone. At the time of my original diagnosis, I asked if it was okay to take these hormones since HRT was linked to cancer. I was assured that estrogen along with progesterone was safe, and that at my age (37 at the time) the risks of not having hormones - osteoporosis, etc. - was greater than having them.

Well, the call back this morning confirmed my fear - I have to stop taking them. I feel like a sitting duck waiting on the menopause symptoms to begin. Before I found the right HRT, I had horrible hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, the works! Ugh! I know menopause symptoms are better than cancer, but geez, how much can one person take . . .

Strike that! I know I can handle it, I can handle anything. There is a Bible verse about doing your own part to overcome something, and then God will do the rest. Anybody know the specific verse? I could use it!

1 comment:

Lanie said...

Here are a couple of my favorite Bible verses that I pray will give you hope and encouragement.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer nad supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Philippians 4:6